Thursday, September 16, 2010

Coffee. Bunches of them. :)

April 23 2010
So.
Everything good starts with inspiration. :)
[The one on the left is obviously the original, the one on the right is my trying to do something like it, with pen and coloring in with crayons. :) Aren't I classy?]
1:50pm
At the coffeeshop in town with Skylar... We had $5.50 together, but it was .50 short of paying for her chocolate-raspberry iced cappuccino and my small English toffee cappuccino. This random guy at the end of the counter footed the 50 cents. He doesn't seem too creeper, which is good...it's nice to live in a small town.
For some reason, I don't think people in a New York coffeeshop/bistro would be so generous if we were short a certain amount of change?
Something funny.
A man walked in, went to the counter, and told one of those nice, friendly ladies, "One pound, please."
I looked at Skylar.
"Did you hear that?"
We snickered.
"It's like a drug! It's...like a drug!" She whispered.
"Um, honey. It is."
Har. Har. Caffeine is a drug, isn't it?
Well, then. Let's keep it moderate. It's not my fault I post pictures on here and you worry about me. ;) (Sincerely, I hope you don't...worry, I mean.)
 
Hmmm.
We're going to move on now.
To the next crafty thing I did.
And all the ideas Mom and us have had the past few days for my paintings? Lots. :) Ah yes, and Jen dear! 
Just keep in mind that those cards (yes, those were cards up there, and I did take a picture of them) were an inspiration for me. I thought of them, and you know what I wanted to do. :)
No, that's not coffee right there. That, my dears, is dirty paint water. :)
Alright. Now that's coffee there. I have to confess, I wasn't sure what to think of the colors I was fudging about with; but I recently looked at a color wheel in a design book and I'm comforted by that and how the painting turned out... pretty darn cute:)
If no one else likes it, I have it for myself . . . which of course I'm going to keep this prototype, but it turns out that I'm not the only one who really, really likes it.
Heather loved it.
Anna likes it.
I'm not alone... ;)
I love how the purple and yellow turned out. :)
Painting during the day is a beautiful thing.
It reminds me of Grammy. She used to paint. Quite a bit, not so random, and better than this. Harhar.
That's one of the ways I sign it--on the bottom...with the brand that I made up a few years ago when I would make cards and bookmarks with coffee stamps and color them in and shade with yummy colors.
So there's the finished coffee canvas.
Hope y'all have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment