Monday, October 4, 2010

John 13:35

June 1 2010
Sigh.
Maybe I haven't been too inspired in the word-department, but I think I've been pretty decent in going on a steady roll of painting.
So much so that I'm still catching up.
:)
This is for the dear Jen:) She's in Africa right now, and she FB'd me about an earthy-toned canvas with John 13 :35 in Swahili. Of course, since she already had the right translation, I said yes. I didn't want to mix and mess it up by Googling the English-to-Swahili translation of a scripture. 
I did it on a surprisingly rainy day, so there wasn't the greatest lighting situations one could hope for...but she loved it when I sent her the picture, so that's all that counts:)
I added more orange accents at Anna's confirmation that it looks like henna...:) We love henna.
I've switched by musical affections from Jimmy Needham to Starfield's newest album.
Didn't want to overplay Jimmy, ya know.
Oh, and here's the English version of the above scripture:

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
[John 13:35]

No comments:

Post a Comment